Thursday, May 15, 2008

Kind of lame



So, I am trying to think of a new blog posting and I am having a hard time. Thanks to Sunshine for helping me create a profile picture. (I like your profile picture by the way)This is a picture from last May when I made my very own bookcase! Yep, I made it from scratch. I had a lot of help from a friend but I am still pretty proud.
Nice collage of not so nice pictures of me Sean. Not so sure anyone really wants to wear a shirt with those scary photos but we will see.
So, I have decided to dedicate this blog to Shel Silverstein, the poet. I always loved him as a kid and his crazy poems. Here are a few of my favories.

Woulda-Coulda-Shoulda

All the Woulda-Coulda-Shouldas
Layin' in the sun,
Talkin' 'bout the things
They woulda-coulda-shoulda done
But those Woulda-Coulda-Shouldas
All ran away and hid
From one little did.

The Voice


There is a voice inside of you
That whispers all day long,
"I feel that this is right for me,
I know that this is wrong."
No teacher, preacher, parent, friend
Or wise man can decide
What's right for you-just listen to
The voice that speaks inside.

Do you have any of your own favorites?

9 comments:

Major said...

Just want to check and see if my profile picture works.

Anonymous said...

interesting picture

the only shel poems i remember are Falling Up, where he falls up and throws down, and Where the Sidewalk Ends, cause i owned that book when i was little

Francis said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Francis said...

For future reference, I was a big fan of the Top Movie post. If you can't think of one, do something like that. I would sure love to express an interest in music, pet peaves, or even a favoriite hobby perhaps. I really don't know, just thought I would throw out some ideas.... just in case.

Francis said...

So, tomorrow, Kevin, Mark, Rydogg, Jake and I shall venture to Freeport and the land of J Crew.

Jake Viola said...

Uncle Shelby, where does the sidewalk end?

Jake Viola said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Jake Viola said...

http://www.fedmich.com/baby-hamster-eating-popcorn-on-the-piano/

Francis said...

You should make a blog about the awesome road trip by kevin, jake, mark, rydogg, and I. And the sequel at Friendly's with Joe.